Solo & Ensemble: For Students
Solo & Ensemble is coming right around the corner! Each Illuminati & Bella Voce choir will perform as an ensemble on Saturday, March 7th. Your group will be given a performance time between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m Ensembles are scheduled first in the day. The schedule will be finalized about 2 weeks prior to the event. Have a conflict? Please let your director/Mrs. Ciardi know ASAP and we will do our best to arrange your performance time in a helpful manner. Other helpful notes:
- Each rehearsal location will perform as an ensemble (example- Edmond Illuminati, OKC Bella Voce, etc). This portion of the event is mandatory for all Illuminati and Bella Voce students. You do NOT need to register for this portion.
- COHC students may choose to also perform with friends in smaller ensembles and/or as solos. (More information below.) You DO need to register for this if your student chooses to participate in this part. You may perform with non-COHC members as long as they fit the age requirement.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to receive feedback from highly qualified judges (Adjudication will be done by local university vocal music professors and local vocal coaches.).
- Family and friends are welcome to listen to the ensembles perform.
Non-Rehearsal Location Ensembles + Solos
Interested but have questions or need help? As your choral director or Mrs. Ciardi– we’d love to help!
These students will need to:
- Register online: (https://centralokhomeschoolchoirs.com/solo-ensemble-contest/)
- The registration deadline has been extended to February 22nd.
- Submit payment to COHC (2011 W Danforth Rd, Box 204, Edmond, OK 73003)
- Choose and purchase a piece that meets the Solo & Ensemble guidelines (listed on the COHC website).
- Choose an accompanist (live accompanist required).
- COHC has contracted an accompanist and she is available to play for other groups/students, but these students must pay her directly for her services ($20 a solo/ensemble piece). This accompanist will only be available to rehearse with the students during the week prior to Solo & Ensemble. She is willing to make a recording for you to practice with.
- Choral directors can give accompanist suggestions as well.
- Practice! This must be done on your time (not during regular choir rehearsals).
- Some choral directors may be willing to consult, but you will have to ask each choral director directly.
- Questions? Please feel free to email Minda Ciardi at email@example.com.
Solo & Ensemble: For Parents
Our organization has been heralded as putting on an exceptional Solo & Ensemble event from many members of our community- both within the COHC family as well as beyond. The primary reason for this is because of EXCEPTIONAL parent volunteers! In order for this event to again be “the talk of the town,” we need YOU!!
We have a variety of ways you can volunteer– from supplying a snack item to organizing to manning a position for a couple of hours. Click this link to find your niche!
Edmond Bella Voce
Remember– we have our collaborative concert with Oklahoma Christian University on Tuesday, March 10th (7:00 pm). More details to follow!
A Special Choir Student
One of our precious choir students in Choctaw, Nathanael Price, has been experiencing some severe health problems and is in need of a liver transplant. Nathanael has shown great commitment to his choir. This gofundme account has been set up to assist in his medical expenses. Nathanael will be traveling to Houston this week to Texas Children’s Hospital. We covet your prayers as well as any support you can give this exceptional choir student and his family.