We have a record breaking year for Solo & Ensemble entries! COHC has the opportunity to put our best foot forward and use Solo & Ensemble to be a stellar reflection of our organization. We CANNOT do this without the help of our parents! Please consider volunteering for one of our volunteer spots!
We have a variety of ways you can volunteer– from supplying a snack item to organizing to manning a position for a couple of hours. Click this link to volunteer.
Schedules will be posted on Monday, February 24th.
We will post your child’s performance time in the Member News this next Monday, February 24th.
Registration closes THIS Saturday!
Have a child ages 8-18 interested in an extra ensemble or a solo? Saturday is the last day to register!
These students will need to:
- Register online: (https://centralokhomeschoolchoirs.com/solo-ensemble-contest/)
- The registration deadline has been extended to February 22nd.
- Submit payment to COHC (2011 W Danforth Rd, Box 204, Edmond, OK 73003)
- Choose and purchase a piece that meets the Solo & Ensemble guidelines (listed on the COHC website).
- Choose an accompanist (live accompanist required).
- COHC has contracted an accompanist and she is available to play for other groups/students, but these students must pay her directly for her services ($20 a solo/ensemble piece). This accompanist will only be available to rehearse with the students during the week prior to Solo & Ensemble. She is willing to make a recording for you to practice with.
- Choral directors can give accompanist suggestions as well.
- Practice! This must be done on your time (not during regular choir rehearsals).
- Some choral directors may be willing to consult, but you will have to ask each choral director directly.
- Questions? Please feel free to email Minda Ciardi at email@example.com.