The Central Oklahoma Homeschool Choirs have established a plan for the 2020-2021 school year that will prioritize the safety of our families while still fulfilling our mission to provide an excellent choral music education and ignite a love of music.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, COHC will need to make some adjustments to this upcoming school year in order to mitigate risk of spreading germs. The GREAT NEWS is that COHC will be opening for in-person choirs, providing valuable music training and much-needed opportunities for connection. In order to make it more possible for our program to thrive and for your family to participate, we have made the following alterations to our program:
- Adjusted fall start and end dates: Our first week of rehearsals will begin the week of August 10th (August 10th for OKC/August 12th for Edmond). Our last week of rehearsals will be the week of November 18th.
- Adjusted rehearsal time for Illuminati & Bella Voce: We will decrease the rehearsal time for our older choirs by 15 minutes to allow for thorough cleaning between rehearsal groups. Music Experience and Principio rehearsal times will remain the same.
- Adjusted entrance procedures: In an effort to keep our students as safe as possible, we will utilize two separate doors for entering and exiting (maps will be provided at a future date). Upon entering students will:
- Have a quick temperature reading via a no-contact thermometer
- Sanitize their hands with hand sanitizer
- Masks: Masks will not be required for any student, family member, or staff member. If your family feels more comfortable wearing masks, you are welcome to do so.
- Social distancing: During rehearsals, we will attempt to spread out our students in support of social distancing protocols.
- Relaxed attendance policy: For the 2020-2021 school year, we will relax our attendance policy in order to encourage any student or students with family members who are feeling unwell or experiencing any new cough, fever, or shortness of breath to stay home. We will provide an online outlet for those students to follow along at home.
- Adjusted orientation procedures: We will provide our beginning of the year orientation via Zoom this year. Date and time TBA. A recording of the Zoom will also be available.
- High need for parent volunteers: We will request that each parent volunteers to assist as a parent helper at least twice. Parent helpers will serve as a door monitor, assist in sanitizing rehearsal space, and assist with any other pertinent needs during that time. If you cannot serve for whatever reason, please email email@example.com.
- Temporary closing of our Choctaw site: Due to many factors, we have decided to temporarily close our Choctaw site. We encourage our Choctaw families to register for either the OKC or Edmond site for this school year.
- No One Day Tour (Illuminati & Bella Voce): Due to the unlikely possibility of visiting any assisted living facilities, we will not be able to have One Day Tour this year.
- Fall concert: Details regarding the concert will be available closer to the date. We hope to have this concert as normal, but we will adjust as conditions allow.
- Spring semester: At this time, we are planning the spring semester as normal. The board will discuss final decisions as we get closer to the new semester.
- Emergency closing: The decision to close in-person rehearsals will be made based on area school closures, government mandates, and availability of our rehearsal site churches. In the event that we need to close in-person rehearsals, we will not be offering an online substitute. We share your concern about the uncertainty of these times. If a full COHC closing becomes necessary, the COHC board may issue refunds on a pro-rated basis.
We Are Here For You
Our children NEED to sing, grow and have meaningful ways to connect. COHC is committed to helping your singers work through these uncertain times. Please know that you are always welcome to voice your concerns and address any questions. Feel free to email Minda Ciardi, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to singing with you again soon!