On behalf of the entire COHC staff and Board of Directors, we would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your amazing support and flexibility during this unique season.
We understand that many families are not comfortable resuming normal activities, while others are. Even in this complicated and ever-changing health crisis, Central Oklahoma Homeschool Choirs is dedicated to providing a safe and enriching musical experience. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has had a significant impact on our Fall enrollment and we must make adjustments to our plan for the upcoming school year. The COHC board of directors met this past Friday and approved an updated Fall 2020 plan.
Fall 2020 Updated Plan (July 27, 2020)
- * In-person choir continues: COHC will still be opening for in-person choirs, providing valuable music training and much-needed opportunities for connection.
- * Reduced rehearsal location and day:
- – All choir students will rehearse on Wednesday afternoons.
- – All choir students will rehearse at First Baptist Church in Edmond. If First Baptist decides to close to outside groups, we will adjust our location to Baptist Temple in OKC.
- * Combined older choirs: Illuminati and Bella Voce students will rehearse together on Wednesdays from 1:00-2:30. Should a significant increase in enrollment occur, separation of choirs may take place.
- * Younger choirs: Music Experience and Principio will remain separate choirs, rehearsing on Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 in separate rooms.
- * Formal uniforms: We will not use formal uniforms for the Fall semester concert. Instead, students will wear their casual uniform (dark blue jeans, choir t-shirt, and closed-toed shoes of your choice).
- * Ambassadors: The Ambassador choir will be postponed. We hope to open auditions for Ambassadors in the Spring.
- * Online electives: COHC is very excited about the inclusion of some FANTASTIC online electives for the Fall semester. Students may choose to participate only in online electives, only in-person rehearsals, or both in-person rehearsals AND online electives. Follow this link for more information.
Those currently registered for Monday rehearsals at OKC Baptist Temple will be transferred to Wednesday rehearsals at Edmond First Baptist. Please contact Minda at email@example.com for more information.
The following previously announced alterations will still remain in effect:
- * Adjusted fall start and end dates: Our first rehearsal will be on August 12th. Our last week of rehearsals will be the week of November 18th.
- * Adjusted rehearsal time for Illuminati & Bella Voce: We will decrease the rehearsal time for our older choirs by 15 minutes to allow for thorough cleaning between rehearsal groups. Music Experience and Principio rehearsal times will remain the same.
- * Adjusted entrance procedures: In an effort to keep our students as safe as possible, we will utilize two separate doors for entering and exiting (maps will be provided during orientation). Upon entering students will:
- – Have a quick temperature reading via a no-contact thermometer
- – Sanitize their hands with hand sanitizer
- * Masks: Masks will not be required for any student, family member, or staff member. If your family feels more comfortable wearing masks, you are welcome to do so.
- * Social distancing: During rehearsals, we will attempt to spread out our students in support of social distancing protocols.
- * Relaxed attendance policy: For the 2020-2021 school year, we will relax our attendance policy in order to encourage any student or students with family members who are feeling unwell or experiencing any new cough, fever, or shortness of breath to stay home. We will provide an online outlet for those students to follow along at home.
- * Adjusted orientation procedures: We will provide our beginning of the year orientation via Zoom this year. Date and time TBA. A recording of the Zoom will also be available.
- * High need for parent volunteers: We will request that each parent volunteers to assist as a parent helper at least twice. Parent helpers will serve as a door monitor, assist in sanitizing rehearsal space, and assist with any other pertinent needs during that time. If you cannot serve for whatever reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- * No One Day Tour (Illuminati & Bella Voce): Due to the unlikely possibility of visiting any assisted living facilities, we will not be able to have One Day Tour this year.
- * Fall concert: Details regarding the concert will be available closer to the date. We hope to have this concert as normal, but we will adjust as conditions allow.
- * Spring semester: At this time, we are planning the spring semester as normal. The board will discuss final decisions as we get closer to the new semester.
- * Emergency closing: The decision to close in-person rehearsals will be made based on area school closures, government mandates, and availability of our rehearsal site churches. In the event that we need to close in-person rehearsals, we will not be offering an online substitute. We share your concern about the uncertainty of these times. If a full COHC closing becomes necessary, the COHC board will issue refunds on a pro-rated basis.
Not quite ready to return to choir?
We understand if your family is not ready to return to choir just yet. Registration will remain open until August 29th and will re-open for the spring semester on November 16th.
Music Drop-Off Drive Through: To accomplish the return of any COHC music from this past spring semester, we have set up a drive-through drop-off on the following dates/locations:
- * Tuesday, July 28th from 1:00-1:30 at Baptist Temple (2433 NW 30th, OKC)
- * Friday, July 31st from 11:00-11:30 at Edmond First Baptist Church south parking lot (1300 E 33rd, Edmond)
If you are unable to attend the drop-off event and are not returning to choir in the fall, please mail our items back to the address located at the bottom of this email. Designated fees for unreturned music will be invoiced, as outlined in our COHC handbook, for those who do not provide these items by September 1st.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are returning to choir in the Fall, please bring your music with you to the first rehearsal on August 12th.
We Are Here For You
Our children NEED to sing, grow and have meaningful ways to connect. COHC is committed to helping your singers work through these uncertain times. Please know that you are always welcome to voice your concerns and address any questions. Feel free to email Minda Ciardi, Executive Director, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to singing with you again soon!
Central Oklahoma Homeschool Choirs
2011 W Danforth, Box 204
Edmond, OK 73003