We’ve had a great start to the Spring semester! We want this semester with COHC to be the best it can be. As such, here are a few updates/reminders to help you put your best foot forward this semester.
Don’t forget to download our Spring Calendar. A few updates are coming but this should get your started.
We occasionally send text reminders and/or emergency updates (such as weather cancellations) via the Reminder App. Students with cell phones are encouraged to sign up as well. Click here to sign up.
COMING UP! Solo & Ensemble
Saturday, March 26, 2022
Registration is now open!
Registration Deadline: February 26, 2022
We invite all COHC students ages 8-18 (and friends of COHC students!) to participate in the solo or small ensemble portion of the upcoming Solo & Ensemble (March 26th).
- – Principio, Illluminati, and Bella Voce will each perform as an ensemble. This portion of the event is mandatory for these choirs. You do NOT need to register for this portion.
- – COHC students may choose to also perform with friends in smaller ensembles and/or as solos. (More information below.) You DO need to register for this if your student chooses to participate in this part. You may perform with non-COHC members as long as they fit the age requirement.
- – This is a fantastic opportunity to receive feedback from highly qualified judges (Adjudication will be done by local university vocal music professors or local vocal coaches.).
- – Family and friends are welcome to listen to the ensembles perform.
- – While the schedule is subject to change, participants of the Solo and Ensemble Contest can expect to be to be assigned an adjudication time somewhere between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Ensembles are scheduled first in the day.
What is the cost of the Solo and Ensemble Contest?
COHC covers the cost of the rehearsal location ensembles. Should your student choose to participate in a smaller ensemble or solo, costs are listed below:
- – Solos: $15 each
- – Small Ensemble (2-4 members) ($20)
- – Medium Ensemble (5-9 members) ($30)
- – Large Ensemble (10-12 members) ($40)
- – Extra Large Ensemble (13+ members) ($50)
Non-Rehearsal Location Ensembles + Solos
These students will need to:
- – Register online: (https://centralokhomeschoolchoirs.com/solo-ensemble-contest/)
- – Submit payment to COHC (2011 W Danforth Rd, Box 204, Edmond, OK 73003)
- – Choose and purchase a piece that meets the Solo & Ensemble guidelines (listed on the COHC website).
- – Choose an accompanist (live accompanist required)
- – COHC has contracted an accompanist and she is available to play for other groups/students, but these students must pay her directly for her services ($20 a solo/ensemble piece). This accompanist will only be available to rehearse with the students during the week prior to Solo & Ensemble. She is willing to make a recording for you to practice with.
- – Choral directors can give accompanist suggestions as well.
- – Practice! This must be done on your time (not during regular choir rehearsals).
- – Some choral directors may be willing to consult, but you will have to ask each choral director directly.
- – Questions? Please feel free to email Minda Ciardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.