Are you looking for a way to serve COHC? We are in need of a couple of new Board members for 2024 & 2025. See below for details:
The Board of Directors shall be composed of five to nine non-paid members. Board members must meet the following requirements:
- They may not be related to another member of the board.
- They can be parents of current or past COHC members or members of the central Oklahoma community as long as at least two-thirds of the board majority consists of parents of current COHC members.
- They must be able to affirm the COHC statement of faith, family, and education (page 2 Member Handbook).
- To be considered a current parent board member, the board member must have children who have been in at least their second consecutive year of membership at the time of election.
Board Member expectations:
- Board appointments are typically for two years at a time.
- Board members commit to attend four regular evening Board meetings during the year – approximately two hours a meeting, scheduled in advance.
- Assist with events (as schedules allow) such as the Solo and Ensemble Contest, homeschool convention booths, and the August Kick Off Orientation.
- Support the Executive Director and staff as needed with issues that may arise between board meetings via email, text, or conference call. We really try to limit unnecessarily flooding inboxes.
If you would like any additional information, please contact Laura Stoabs at 405-503-9990.